Basketball - Wager Types and Rules
Regular season Basketball games must be played on the scheduled date/location (location is a geographical area or city, but not restricted to a specific arena or venue) to be considered action unless otherwise noted in the specific sports rules section or the inventory game page within the mobile application, web browser application, or printed media in the Borgata Race and Sports Book
Minimum Length of Play
For wagering purposes, unless otherwise stipulated in individual Basketball sports wager rules, US pro basketball results are official after 43 minutes of play. NCAA, WNBA, NBA Summer League and European Basketball are official after 35 minutes of play.
Basketball wagers are accepted in the following manner:
1. Point Spread – A wager in which a bettor “takes” or “lays” a specified number of points. The team wagered must “cover” the point line for the wager to be deemed a winner.
a. Overtime periods are counted in the final score.
2. Money Line – A wager in which the bettor “takes” or “lays” a specified price. The team wagered must win the game for the wager to be deemed a winner.
b. Overtime periods are counted in the final score.
3. Total Points (over/under) – A wager on whether the total number of points scored in a game is over or under a specified number.
c. Overtime periods are counted in the final score.
4. First Half – Wagers on the first half will be decided by the score at the end of the first half.
d. If a game does not go the entire first half, all first half wagers will be refunded.
e. Once the first half has been completed, all wagers on the first half will stand regardless of the length of the remainder of the game.
5. Second Half (halftime) – Wagers on the second half will be decided on the basis of points scored in the second half.
f. If the entire second half is not played to its completion, all Second Half wagers will be refunded.
g. Overtime periods are counted in the Second Half score and considered official regardless of the length or suspension of the overtime period.
6. Quarters – Wagers on any specified quarter will be decided on the basis of points scored in that specified quarter only.
a. All specified quarters must be played to their completion or the wager will be refunded.
b. Once a specified quarter is completed, that specified quarter wager will stand regardless of the length of the remainder of the game.
c. Fourth quarter wagers do not include overtime periods unless otherwise stated.
7. The following is the method of calculating straight wagers, determination of payment and buy point pricing.
a. Basketball point line and total wagers pay 10/11 (-110). Wager $11 to win $10; total return is $21 unless otherwise specified.
b. Half points may be purchased at the sole discretion of management.
c. Each half point cost an additional 10 cents.
d. Money Lines indicate the line price. For example, -130 means 10/13. Wager $13 to win $10; total return is $23. +120 means 12/10. Wager $10 to win $12; total return is $22.
e. In the event of a wagering tie, the straight wager is considered “no action” and wager is refunded. Parlays reduce to the next lowest amount of selections.
Various unique wagers may be offered from time to time, called proposition bets. When wagering proposition bets, unless stated, overtime does count for settlement of wagers.
Basketball Player Props
Players do not have to start for action but must play for action. If a player does not take any part in a game then wagers on that player proposition will be refunded.
Basketball season long futures are unique wagers which will be offered from time-to-time. For all season long match wagers and division betting, all wagers stand regardless of team relocation, or a change to team name, season length or playoff format. Team(s) must play in all of their scheduled regular season games for wagers to have action.
Basketball Division and Conference Futures
Division Winner markets will be settled on who finishes top of the relevant division after the conclusion of the Regular Season. If 2 or more teams have the same Regular Season win record then ties will be broken using the governing body's official rules to determine an outright winner.
If no tie option was made available for any match bet wager, wagers will be a push should the teams tie and stakes refunded.
Conference Winner markets will be settled on team's performance in the playoffs. Regular season records do not count. If there is any change to the post season structure whereby a Conference Finals Series is not possible, or called early, Conference Winner will be settled on the team that advances to the NBA Finals from that Conference. NCAA Conference Tournament Winner will be determined by the team winning the Championship game regardless of any post-season suspension.
For Playoff Series Winner, the team that advances to the next round is deemed the winner.
Wagers for all other markets are void if the required minimum number of games (according to the respective governing organizations) are not completed, or the number of games changes.
Basketball Grand Salami Prop
The Basketball Grand Salami will be decided by adding up all the scores for the games scheduled for that particular day. All games must be completed for action. Points scored in overtime are included.
Basketball Futures List
NBA Divisional Odds
Wage on which team will win the division
NBA Conference Odds
Wager on which team will win the conference
NBA Championship Odds
Wager on which team will win the Championship
NBA Regular Season Award Winners (MVP, Rookie of the Year, Most Improved)
Wager on which player will win the MVP, Rookies of the Year, and Most Improved titles
NBA Regular Season Wins
Wager on how many regular season wins are achieved by a team
Head to Head Regular Season Wins
Wager on the number of regular season wins made by two separate teams
NCAA Tourney Winner
Wager on which team wins the NCAA Tourney
NCAA Tourney Regional Winner
Wager on which team wins the NCAA Tourney Region
NCAA Conference Tourney Winner
Wager on which teams win the NCAA Conference
NCAA Tournament Wins
Wager on how many wins a team will have in the NCAA Tournament
Head to Head Tournament Wins
Wager on which team will have more wins in the NCAA Tournament
NCAA Conference Wins
Wager on how many wins a team will have in their NCAA Conference Tournament
Basketball Wager Example
The following is the method of calculating straight wagers, determination of payment and buy point pricing.
1. Basketball point line and total wagers pay 10/11 (-110). Wager $11 to win $10; total return is $21 unless otherwise specified.
2. Half points may be purchased at the sole discretion of management
a. Each half point cost an additional 10 cents
3. Money Lines indicate the line price. For example, -130 means 10/13. Wager $13 to win $10; total return is $23. +120 means 12/10. Wager $10 to win $12; total return is $22.
4. In the event of a wagering tie, the straight wager is considered "no actions" and the wager is refunded. Parlays reduce to the next lowest amount of selections.